What's this all about?
Let's not assume alignment in thinking so we
start by seeking some agreement::
- We have enough stress in our lives
and anything that allows for harmony should at least be entertained
(and discarded if it does not work for you.)
- Disharmony in your own life, might be acceptable to you,
impacts your family, and those you work with, so this is not just about
- Just as often we are only too willing to take credit for
the brilliance of our family or employees, we must accept their failures as ours.
- Asking "why?" 10 times when finding failure is a useful tool for
understanding your own complicity in failures. for example:
Asking "why" all the time, is an emotional boomerang,
end up being your fault, so don't punish yourself, build accountability
But getting your people to change is difficult if they
don't see the
same willingness in you.
We should agree that most instances of a business
happening, has a technical and a behavioral component
The behavioral component address how the business responds
adopts the culture your behaviors, attitudes and habits create
The health of the business is contingent on your leadership
all need to reflect on that
The best place is to look internally at yourself and then
to move on to the broader business
Personal development, needs to not look at work in
isolation but at all domains of your life * this is where we will start. The following
sections provide a simple and practical approach to personal
- Sales just lost us our biggest client
- There will be consequences for someone not doing their
- But actually the account executive escalated the issue to
the Head of
Sales, seeking assistance.
- The Head of Sales would have informed you, but a month
ago, when she
scheduled a 1:1 you canceled at the last minute
- Your secretary was informed of the situation and promised
reschedule, but did not. Turns out the secretary and the Head of
Sales have mutual friends and there's bad blood.
- In frustration the Account Executive thought of
directly, but fears you.
- Things look a little different now don't they?
OK? If you have concerns or disagree, let's have a frank